Matariki

Last week on wednesday we had to do a performance and do some art work for matariki and it was a very good experience. All the class room had to do matariki art work and it was amazing

Next we are going to talk about what we did to prepare for the matariki arts and craft ok so we are going to start off with the stars, for the stars we had used paper for the stars and we had to cut out the paper and then put it into shapers.

After we were done making the stars it looked like it was 3d paper stars and it looked amazing. Next we had to write facts about the stars. For example we had to pick one star and then write facts about it and then paint it.

Now that we were done with the stars we did the marae for the marae we need 6 or 8 sticks my teacher Mrs Tamlyn had found sticks at the back of our school garage and there was some nails but there wasn’t that much nails so we were ok next we had to paint it red and the designs on it was white and we need to put some glue on and at first it looked like a mess but then at the end it had turn out wonderful and amazing. Now we did the trees the easy way; we just had to cut out a tree and then colour it. 

Then we had to put it all together and then display it so we went to the hall and picked our spot to put our matariki art so then we had put our marae on and then Mrs Tamlyn had put some lights on and then BOOM!! We were done with the matariki art. 

Finally we had a hangi. Our food was Chicken,pumpkin,kumara and  Mainaise. When I was eating the food my most favourite part of the food was the Chicken and Mainaise. 

When I went to the hall and saw all the matariki art It looked wonderful,amazing and Incredible. 

5 thoughts on “Matariki

1. kia ora Angelina i really like what you did about ur recount about matariki it look good and the way how you did all ur paragraphs it look so good how you did ur paragraphs i will that you did good on ur writing and you did awesome on ur writing so good job on ur 😜

2. kia ora Angelina i really like the way you have creative the star . your amazing art work is so impressive

3. Kia ora Angelina, your writing was very interesting and I really enjoyed reading it.I also enjoy the sentence about white people being equal to the darker people.

By: Snowlee